KEY ACTIVITIES FROM THE OFFICE OF THE YOUTH COORDINATOR
KEY AREAS TO BE ADDRESSED:
- Capacity building in leadership skills to accompany the young people in their faith and vocational discernment today.
- Establishment of a clear youth leadership structures at the parish Deanery and Diocese levels to realize effective and efficient collaboration in the youth ministry among the different youth groups /movements and associations. This will help in drawing the road map for the formation of youths Ministry in CDTY.eg in schools.
- Strengthening of the deanery coordinators to become more functional and effective with common activities for the youth.
- Challenges and the opportunities regarding evangelization in our diocese.
- Identify new ways /approaches of how toaccompany the young people to accept the call to the different groups with joy, love and the fullness of life.
- Leaders from all the parishes.
- Some members in the devotional groups.
- Deanery coordinators.
- Voulnarable youth.
- Bodboda and Tiper boys.
Training of deanery coordinators, key leaders from the devotional groups and youth from different category about 60 participants from 6 deaneries and the movements.
We shall continue to use theme given by the Bishop for the celebration of John Bosco throughout the year in all our Dramas and poems which states « YOUTHS IN SOLIDARITY WITH BISHOP ON ONE HAND THE BIBLE AND THE OTHER HAND HOE »
It should base on:
- Holiness of life.
- Peace and healing.
- Poverty should become history.
- Positive thinking and self reliance among the Young People
THESE ARE SOME OF THE PLANS FOR THE YEAR:
- Exchange visit within the diocese.
- Youth pilgrimage to Mupoi.
- Formation of diocesan and Deanery choirs
- Formation of Young Catholic Students YCS in all the catholic secondary schools across the Diocese.
- Appointment of Deanery Coordinators to all the newly creayed deaneries.
- Finding piece of land in the parishes for agricultural activities.
- Music and dramas competition at the deanery level where qualification will be done for the Diocesan Competition.
- Annual programs for the celebration of Don Bosco at deanery level from parish to parish to be celebrated at St. Bakhita in 2020 for central deanery, Western Deanery in Ave Maria Ngboko Parish, Eastern Deanery in Maridi Parish and the new Deanery will celebrate in Ezo Parish.
- Interparish tounerments for the celebration of John Bosco in all the Deaneries.
- Formation of diocesan choirs comprising of 20 members from each Deanery.
- Involvement of all youths in different groups in the programs of the year.
- Construction of Youth opportunity center.
- Identification of choir members who have finished twenty-five years as members in all the parishes.